Wednesday, September 05, 2007

So desperate I'll take unconfirmed rumors!

Somebody on the APC Yahoo! group was asking how long expedited referrals were taking. I replied with what I knew so far and that we weren't going to expect a referral until December. This morning I got a surprise when I checked my email. Somebody who lives in China and works with ex-pats in their adoption process wrote to me. Here's an excerpt of what she wrote:

"Supposedly, CCAA officials have told my friends that this month they are doing the July, 2006 LIDs. I don't know anyone who is a July 2006 LID though to see if they got their referral.

By that count, since you are August, you should be in the next batch next month...if this is
true. I surely hope you aren't all the way until December! My fingers are crossed at least!!!

One of my dear friends is September 25, 2006. She was told by CCAA her referral would
be in the next batch or the following."

Now keep in mind that next batch does NOT equate to next month. However, since they skipped this month, the next batch is due in October. If this report is correct that somebody with a Sept 2006 LID will be getting their referral next month that means we would be too. Another interpretation of "next batch" would be that the Sept LIDs would be in the next batch after the July LIDs that are being matched this month. Then nothing would change. July LID are being matched in Sept for a referral in Oct and Aug/Sept LIDs will be matched in the "next batch" in November for a referral in December. I told you I was desperate! :)

I know it's a long shot, especially since I don't know this person who wrote t me and have no way of verifying her information but overall the people who post on APC are wonderful people who would never make up stories. They are, however, occasionally overly optimistic and unintentionally wrong.

It sounds like she thought that July LIDs would be receiving their referral this month. I'm reading that sentence that they are being matched with babies right now and CCAA will send the information with the next batch of referrals in October.

Only time will tell and it's getting close enough that the wait is getting harder. I think I will keep telling myself that it won't be until December. If I get suprised then great! Otherwise, I will keep my sanity intact.