Thursday, October 04, 2007

Things are settling down

We are finally settling down and actually getting things done around the house again. :) I was able to pick up the translated documents on Wednesday afternoon. I read them sitting in the car still in the parking lot of the adoption agency. Everything looks good to me but we won't know for sure until after our medical review Friday morning. I don't see anything to be concerned about so I'm sure the doctor will recommend accepting the referral. It will be nice when it's over so that we can say that we have "officially" accepted the referral.

Of course to actually and officially accept the referral there are about 2 dozens page of documents that need to either be signed or initialed. A couple of them even have to be notarized. I'm hoping that after the phone conference with the doctor that we can go get the forms notarized so that I can turn them in to the agency tomorrow afternoon. Since Dad works from home on Friday it would just be so much easier to get everything done then.

I received an email for the doctor's office with some paperwork to print out and take with me to China. There's dosage information for different medications and contact information and a whole packet of information on what meds (prescription and non-prescription) we should take with us. They will send us the prescriptions to get filled after the medical review. They are on call for us 24/7 while we are in China. It's such a relief to that the we have a medical team available to us if we should need it. The bonus is that they are actually the same pediatricians that Kathryn uses for her regular check ups. NOTE: The medications are just in case Kimberly gets sick. They are things like Tylenol, Benadryl, Antibiotics, etc.

It's time to start gathering everything that we will need to take to China with us. Although we've done this before and know what we need and where to get it, taking care of Kathryn kind of slows down how fast things get done. :) It's okay though, we have plenty of time and Kathryn is so excited about her sister and wants to help prepare. She's even set aside some toys that she wants to give to her sister. We will see how long this excitement lasts once we are all home again and her sister needs a lot of my attention. :)