Friday, June 02, 2006

Time for another update...

It looks like I'm only getting a chance to update once a month. Such is life with a busy 2 year old! :) On May 19th, Kathryn's 2nd birthday, we were fingerprinted. It was quite the ordeal and took 2 hours! We brought Kathryn with us because we thought it would be quick like last time. It really messed up her schedule for the rest of the day. Now we are just waiting for that elusive 171-H form that gives us permission for us to bring a foreign child into the United States. We are hopeful that it will come in the next week or so. I am confident that we will be DTC by the end of the month. With luck, we should also have a June LID as well. Then starts the long wait until our referral comes in. If expedited referrals stay at 6 months, we could receive our referral by Christmas. However, I'm being very guarded since regular referrals are taking at least 12 months and are expected to go all the way up to 18 months. In any case, we are looking at travelling to China sometime next spring. The same time of the year that we went to get Kathryn.

In the meantime, we are busy combining the den and my sewing room into one room so that we can turn the sewing/guest room into Kathryn's new room. That way the new baby can have the nursery and the crib and Kathryn will have her own room and a regular bed. The den/sewing room conversion is done. Now I just have to pick the colors and fabrics for Kathryn's new room. I'm thinking pink or purple but I really want to find the right bedding/fabric and then make my decisions based on that.

We are enjoying our one on one time with Kathryn right now but we are also excited about our expected new addition. She or he may have already been born and is waiting for us to come and get her or him. Our new little one is in our prayers and we are trusting that God will protect our child.